Common Weeds in Chesapeake
If you're like most people, you probably don't spend a lot of time thinking about weeds. Weeds are unsightly and can ruin the look of your well-manicured lawn or garden. If you live in Chesapeake, it's important to be familiar with the most common types of weeds found in this area.
Common Weeds Found in Chesapeake
When it comes to weeds, there are many different types that can be found in Chesapeake. However, there are some that are more common than others. The following is a list of the most common weeds found in Chesapeake:
- Giant Ragweed: Giant ragweed is a common weed found in Chesapeake. This weed can grow up to 12 feet tall and produces large, green leaves. If you have this weed in your yard, it's important to remove it as soon as possible.
- Dandelion: Dandelions are another common weed found in Chesapeake. These weeds have long, green leaves and produce bright yellow flowers. Dandelions are known for their deep roots, which make them difficult to remove.
- Crabgrass: Crabgrass looks like grass, but it's actually a weed. This weed can grow up to 12 inches tall and is commonly found in lawns and gardens.
- Pigweed: Pigweed is another common weed that is often found in gardens. This weed has long, green leaves and produces small, white flowers. Pigweed can grow up to 24 inches tall and can be difficult to remove.
How Can I Prevent Weeds?
There are a few ways you can minimize weeds from growing in your yard:
- Don't mow too low - Keeping your grass a little longer will help prevent weed seeds from getting enough sunlight to germinate.
- Fertilize and water your lawn regularly -This will help your grass stay healthy and strong, making it more difficult for weeds to take over.
- Use a pre-emergent herbicide in the spring - This will help prevent weed seeds from germinating.
How To Get Rid Of Weeds
When you find weeds in your yard it is best to get rid of them fast! The best way to get rid of weeds is to pull them up by the roots. You can also use a weed killer, but be sure to read the label carefully and follow the directions. If you have tried to get rid of weeds on your own and still need some help, contact our professionals at ALM. We offer the best professional weed control in the Chesapeake area!